WESTON, Conn. - Mike Hvizdo was rehired as Weston High School's basketball coach Friday afternoon, the school district announced.
Hvizdo resigned Feb. 7 after school officials learned about a racy short-film the coach appeared in years before he was hired at the school. Hvizdo had received strong support from students and parents over the last several weeks.
Hvizdo defended the film on "Good Morning America" Friday morning.
Here is the statement from Weston Public Schools sent Friday afternoon:
"Dr. Colleen Palmer, Ms. Lisa Wolak, Mr. Mark Berkowitz, and Mr. Michael Hvizdo are pleased to announce that they have agreed that Mr. Hvizdo will be returning to serve as Head Coach for Varsity Boys Basketball at Weston High School.
"Through further discussion, we have worked through the issues surrounding Mr. Hvizdo’s resignation, which he has been permitted to rescind, and have clarified the district’s expectations concerning his performance. We welcome Mr. Hvizdo back to our coaching staff, and we wish him and the Boys Basketball team every success for the future."
- 1 National Weather Service: Greenwich's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 2 Lisa Marie D'Angelo, 42, Of Old Greenwich, Worked As Nurse’s Aide
- 3 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 4 Greenwich Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy