GREENWICH, Conn. -- A soggy end to the week thanks to the remnants of Tropical Storm Andrea topped the news this week in Greenwich.
The storm prompted flash flood and coastal flood advisories from the National Weather Service.
Here is a look at some of the other top stories from this week:
- Two Greenwich schools were selected to start the district's new technology initiative .
- Frank DeLio took over as owner of River Bicycles in Greenwich.
- Greenwich Crew sent four boats to the youth national championships in Tennessee .
- The New York Mets selected Greenwich native L.J. Mazzilli in the Major League Baseball amateur draft.
- A $190 million Greenwich mansion was listed as a " Powerball mansion " on a national real estate blog.
- The National Transportation Safety Board revealed that a damaged rail joint may have caused the Metro North train crash in Bridgeport on May 17.
- The Connecticut State Senate and House passed the state budget .
- Students in Danbury got up close and personal with a black bear cub after it wandered into town and was tranquilized by animal control officials.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.