GREENWICH, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich last week:
- Pop singer Ashlee Simpson and actor Evan Ross got married , reciting their vows in a star-studded ceremony at the Greenwich home of the groom's mother, Diana Ross.
- The Greenwich Board of Education has reached an agreement with the teachers union on a new two-year contract.
- A Stamford woman was sentenced to six months in prison after she killed a Greenwich High graduate and another man while she was driving drunk on I-95.
- A group that supports gun owners rights is endorsing Republican candidate Tom Foley of Greenwich over incumbent Democrat Dannel Malloy in the gubernatorial race.
- Two Greenwich triathletes -- Amy Dixon and Emma Langley -- represented the United States in the International Triathlon Union World Championships in Edmonton, Canada.
- Carrie McKenzie, 32, of Rye, N.Y., was arrested after leaving her infant in a hot car in Port Chester, N.Y.
- Shreve, Crump & Low , a Boston-based jeweler, has leased a 4,800-square-foot space at 125 Greenwich Ave. in Greenwich for a new jewelry store.
- Lindsey Rogers-Seitz of Ridgefield, whose son died after he was forgotten in a hot car in July, is pushing for car safety regulations and laws to prevent such deaths in the future.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.