GREENWICH, Conn. – As 2012 comes to a close, The Greenwich Daily Voice is counting down some of the top stories of the year.
Readers were interested to see just who topped the list of the richest of the rich in Greenwich. According to Forbes, Greenwich is home to eight billionaires who are among the richest in the country.
Ray Dalio, a Greenwich resident and manager of hedge fund Bridgewater Associates, is the richest Connecticut billionaire, according to Forbes magazine. Dalio is the 33rd-richest person in the country and 88th-richest in the world with a net worth of $10 billion.
To see who else from Greenwich was on this year's list, click here.
Check back Friday for another top story from 2012.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Greenwich Family Raises Record-Breaking $50,000 For Alzheimer’s Association
- 5 Greenwich Could See Light Snow Overnight Into Sunday