GREENWICH, Conn. – As 2012 comes to a close, The Greenwich Daily Voice is counting down some of the top stories of the year.
Readers were interested to see just who topped the list of the richest of the rich in Greenwich. According to Forbes, Greenwich is home to eight billionaires who are among the richest in the country.
Ray Dalio, a Greenwich resident and manager of hedge fund Bridgewater Associates, is the richest Connecticut billionaire, according to Forbes magazine. Dalio is the 33rd-richest person in the country and 88th-richest in the world with a net worth of $10 billion.
To see who else from Greenwich was on this year's list, click here.
Check back Friday for another top story from 2012.
- 1 Body Found In Lake Ontario ID'd As Fairfield's Max Maisel
- 2 Greenwich Selects New Town Administrator From Post With Schools
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Greenwich
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 MakerBot Shuts Down 3D Printing Retail Shop In Greenwich