STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford road closures are expected on Friday, March 28, to Monday, March 31, as crews are set to installa new pedestrian bridge over Washington Boulevard.
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is scheduled to install the pedestrian bridge superstructure during the weekends of March 28, April 4 and April 11. The project consists of installing a prefabricated pedestrian bridge over Washington Boulevard to connect the new development Gateway Garage at 406 Washington Blvd. to the Stamford Train Station Platform No. 4.
Washington Boulevard between South State Street and Station Place will be closed to both vehicle and pedestrian traffic from 9 p.m. Friday, March 28, to 5 a.m. Monday, March 31. Vehicle detour signs and pedestrian detour signs will be in place, city officials said.
Waters Construction was awarded the $2.8 million project in May 2013 and is scheduled for completion on April 23, according to Stamford officials.
The following is the schedule of work, courtesy the Connecticut Department of Transportation:
- March 28 to March 31 - install superstructure
- April 4 to April 7 - glass panel installation
- April 11 to April 14 - miscellaneous work
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Cos Cob Woman Charged With Drug Possession In New York
- 3 Tens Of Thousands Turn Out To Enjoy UBS Parade In Downtown Stamford
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten Greenwich On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm