GREENWICH, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich last week:
- Greenwich High School and Fairfield Warde High School were listed in Newsweek's ranking of the top 500 schools in the country.
- Cheryl Iozzo, a kindergarten through fifth-grade art teacher at North Street School in Greenwich, has been chosen as a semifinalist in the 2015 Connecticut Teacher of the Year program .
- Two hospitals in different parts of Connecticut reports clusters of severe respiratory illness among young children that could be due to enterovirus D68, or EV-D68 .
- Despite several reports of doom and gloom about the upcoming winter for Fairfield County , the National Weather Service is forecasting average temperatures and precipitation for the season.
- Adopt-A-Dog’s 27th annual Puttin’ On The Dog festival at Greenwich’s Roger Sherman Baldwin Park expects to attract a record crowd.
- Convent of the Sacred Heart in Greenwich announced two semifinalists Virginia Blessing and Grace Isford for the National Merit Scholarships.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.