FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A long-standing tradition of rail commuting on the New Haven Line will become a thing of the past when Metro-North retires the last four bar cars this week, according to PIX 11.
Will you miss the bar cars on Metro-North?View Results
Will you miss the bar cars on Metro-North?
Absolutely - they are my favorite33%
Yes, the bar car is a big tradition in Fairfield County35%
No, I'm glad to have the new train cars instead12%
Nope, I can grab a drink before I board the train5%
Never used them16%
The bar cars began to diminish as Connecticut and Metro-North began phasing in the new M8 rail cars which offer larger, more comfortable seating. As a result more commuters turned to the platform kiosks to purchase their ride home beverages, PIX 11 reported.
All may not be lost, however. The Connecticut Department of Transportation has asked M8 manufacturer Kawasaki to provide an estimate on retrofitting several of the new cars, PIX 11 said.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 3 Teen Prostitute Charged With Falsely Reporting Rape In Greenwich
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 5 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich