GREENWICH, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich last week:
- A Fairfield couple, Laura Downey and Chris Palumbo, opened a new cheese shop “the Greenwich Cheese Company” at 154 E. Putnam Ave.
- A Greenwich man, Lavar J. Ferguson, 37, faces cruelty charge after kicking his do g three times in the ribs, police said.
- A California woman, Evelina Goransson, was charged with impaired driving after driving car with two blown out tires on Greenwich street, police said.
- The Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk metropolitan area has been rated as the most unequal place in America by Business Insider .
- An 18-year-old woman, Chastity Angel Plummer from Texas, was charged with falsely claiming she was sexually assaulted because she was angry at a customer for not paying her for her prostitution services, Greenwich police said.
- Michael Skakel compared the former inspector and state's attorney who prosecuted him in the 1975 murder of Greenwich teen Martha Moxley to terrorists during a conversation outside a courthouse, according to newstimes.com.
- Alex Goldman and Westchester native Kris Ruby are featured in Bravo's " From Friends to Lovers ?"
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.