FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — The sharp contrast between the cities of Greenwich and Bridgeport are highlighted in an NPR/Global Post report on worldwide wealth and poverty.
"Welcome to Fairfield County, Conn., the wealthiest metropolitan area in the country, according to the Labor Department's Bureau of Economic Analysis, but also among the most unequal in terms in income distribution," says the story, which compares the high-end shops of Greenwich Avenue with frequent gun violence in Bridgeport about 25 miles away.
- 1 Cos Cob Woman Charged With Drug Possession In New York
- 2 Tens Of Thousands Turn Out To Enjoy UBS Parade In Downtown Stamford
- 3 Suspect Grabs $50K In Fur Coats From Greenwich's Saks Fifth Avenue
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten Greenwich On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm