NORWALK, Conn. -- Pete Willcox, a Norwalk native and captain of the Greenpeace vessel Rainbow Warrior, was arrested with his crew by Dutch police after attempting to block a Russian oil tanker from mooring in Rotterdam on Thursday, May 1, according to RT.com.
Authorities said they would allow Greenpeace activists to protest but stepped in when the group went back on an agreement not to interfere with the tanker, RT.com reported.
Willcox and the other detainees were released by Dutch police, RT.com said.
Willcox and his crew on his previous ship, the Arctic Sunrise, were detained for 100 days by Russian authorities after staging a protest near an oil rig in the Arctic Ocean last year.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal