FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Here's a look at the top stories in Fairfield County from last week.
- Bridgeport voters elected Democrat Joseph Ganim as mayor in Tuesday's election. Ganim, who served seven years in federal prison on corruption charges that toppled his last administration, declared his victory a redemption in the mayoral race in Connecticut’s largest city.
- Kyle Navin of Bridgeport was arraigned on charges of murdering his parents, who lived in Easton. Their bodies were found in an abandoned yard in Weston nearly three months after they had been reported missing.
- Three men were arrested in the shooting death of a 43-year-old Stamford woman late Monday in Lione Park. Witnesses said it was a chaotic scene as the gunman shot into the group of people. Her daughter, who was at the gathering in the park when the shooting occurred, remembered her mother as a peaceful and positive person .
- Greenwich voters re-elected Peter J. Tesei to a fifth term as first selectman in Tuesday's election.
- Greenwich Ballet Academy brings dance classes to kids with Down syndrome.
- Stamford residents elected new members to the Board of Finance , Board of Education and Board of Representatives on Tuesday.
- New Canaan voters re-elected Rob Mallozzi as first selectman in Tuesday's election.
- A New Canaan mom draws on her own experiences to help parents of preemies.
- Darien voters re-elected Jayme Stevenson as first selectman in Tuesday's election.
- Norwalk voters re-elected Harry Rilling to a second term as mayor in Tuesday's election.
- If one man’s dream becomes a reality, a new museum highlighting all things auto will be rolling into Norwalk.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.