FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – MoneyRates.com released its list of best and worst states to make a living and Connecticut didn’t fare so well, dropping nine places from last year to rank among the five worst.
The five worst are Connecticut at No. 46, followed by Rhode Island, Mississippi and New York with Hawaii ranked as the lowest.
When it came to Connecticut, MoneyRates.com said, "High incomes are not enough to make up for a high cost of living. Also, unemployment is high, and workplace conditions place ahead of only Mississippi's."
MoneyRates based its list on factors such as average salary, cost of living, employment rate, and workplace conditions.
The top 5 places to make a living? MoneyRates.com ranks Utah at No. 5, followed by Colorado, Minnesota and Texas with Washington topping the list as the top place to make a living.Read the full list here.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Judith Sheindlin ('Judge Judy')
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists