FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Rush hour traffic on Interstate 95 was jammed in both directions on Monday. Similar to Friday’s near-gridlock conditions, traffic was crawling on the Merritt Parkway and Interstate 84 in Danbury also saw congestion.
Traffic was delayed for an unknown period on northbound I-95 between Greenwich and Fairfield, according to the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
Traffic delays also were reported on southbound I-95 between Exits 10 and 2, a distance of 10 miles. An early afternoon accident in Greenwich helped cause the delay later in the afternoon.
Drivers looking to find relief from the Merritt Parkway congestion were out of luck. ConnDot reported delays from Greenwich all the way through Fairfield.
Eastbound traffic along I-84 in Danbury clogged between Exits 3 and 7, and ConnDot expected the delay to last two hours or more.
Motorists coming to Danbury from the Hartford area were clogged up in Waterbury, where a jackknifed tractor-trailer forced two lanes to close at 5:11 p.m. The delay was expected to last four hours or fewer, according to ConnDot.
- 1 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 2 CL&P Repairs Large Power Outage In Greenwich
- 3 Chipotle's Mexican Grill Expands With Second Location In Greenwich
- 4 Greenwich Boasts Several Elementary Schools Among Connecticut's Best
- 5 Former Controller Of Greenwich Hedge Fund Admits Embezzling $9 Million