GREENWICH, Conn. -- Michael Skakel, who is on bail awaiting a retrial in the 1975 murder of a Greenwich teen, is suing television personality Nancy Grace for libel, according to the New York Times.
Skakel's complaint alleges that Grace said his DNA had been found in a tree near the murder scene, but DNA was never admitted into evidence in his first trial, The Times reported.
A state judge ordered a retrial for Skakel in October, 2013, due to the glaring ineffectiveness of Skakel's original trial attorney.
- 1 Greenwich Police Seek Help Finding Missing Teen Girl
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Greenwich
- 4 Organizers Look To Premiere A New Kind Of Film Festival For Greenwich
- 5 MakerBot Shuts Down 3D Printing Retail Shop In Greenwich