GREENWICH, Conn. -- Michael Skakel, who is on bail awaiting a retrial in the 1975 murder of a Greenwich teen, is suing television personality Nancy Grace for libel, according to the New York Times.
Skakel's complaint alleges that Grace said his DNA had been found in a tree near the murder scene, but DNA was never admitted into evidence in his first trial, The Times reported.
A state judge ordered a retrial for Skakel in October, 2013, due to the glaring ineffectiveness of Skakel's original trial attorney.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 3 Two Elderly Greenwich Women Robbed In Fake Worker Scams
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies