GREENWICH, Conn. -- Michael Skakel, who is on bail awaiting a retrial in the 1975 murder of a Greenwich teen, is suing television personality Nancy Grace for libel, according to the New York Times.
Skakel's complaint alleges that Grace said his DNA had been found in a tree near the murder scene, but DNA was never admitted into evidence in his first trial, The Times reported.
A state judge ordered a retrial for Skakel in October, 2013, due to the glaring ineffectiveness of Skakel's original trial attorney.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 3 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge Near Greenwich
- 4 Greenwich's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton