GREENWICH, Conn. -- Michael Skakel, who is on bail awaiting a retrial in the 1975 murder of a Greenwich teen, is suing television personality Nancy Grace for libel, according to the New York Times.
Skakel's complaint alleges that Grace said his DNA had been found in a tree near the murder scene, but DNA was never admitted into evidence in his first trial, The Times reported.
A state judge ordered a retrial for Skakel in October, 2013, due to the glaring ineffectiveness of Skakel's original trial attorney.
- 1 Seven Greenwich Billionaires Make Forbes 400 List
- 2 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Paul Tudor Jones II
- 3 Greenwich Man Man Nearly Drives Off Unmarked Dead-End Ramp
- 4 Greenwich Man Who Hit Stamford Cop With Car Arrested After Police Chase
- 5 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station