GREENWICH, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich this week:
- The commute to and from New York City was crippled after a major power outage on the New Haven Line. It could be weeks before full power is restored.
- Greenwich police arrested Mark Thomas Pelazza, 24, of Stamford and Todd Pleasants, 23, of Darien for an alleged drug deal in which firearm was used as currency for the drugs.
- The Greenwich Professional Firefighters Local 1042 held its annual “Proud to Wear Pink” campaign in support of breast cancer awareness and treatment.
- Splash Car Wash CEO Mark Curtis donated $6,000 to Kids in Crisis , an agency providing emergency shelter, crisis counseling and community educational programs for children of all ages and their children.
- Margaret Walsh of Greenwich, formerly of Stamford, died at age 72.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.