FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Metro-North will begin to add trains on its New Haven and other lines Wednesday afternoon to help ease congestion during the Thanksgiving holiday, officials announced.
Beginning at 1 p.m. Wednesday, additional trains will be added from Grand Central Terminal for people exiting New York City. By Wednesday evening, when ridership drops, some trains may be combined or eliminated, so riders should check the Metro-North website for more details.
On Thanksgiving Day, trains will run on a holiday schedule, with additional cars heading into New York in the morning for those attending the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, and additional cars leaving the city afterward.
On Friday, Metro-North will run on a Saturday schedule, but with extra morning and afternoon service. Beginning Saturday, the New Haven Line will feature additional Shoppers’ Specials trains on weekends through Dec. 30.
Off-peak fares will be in effect Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and Metro-North advises riders to buy tickets before boarding.
- 1 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 2 CL&P Repairs Large Power Outage In Greenwich
- 3 Chipotle's Mexican Grill Expands With Second Location In Greenwich
- 4 Greenwich Boasts Several Elementary Schools Among Connecticut's Best
- 5 Former Controller Of Greenwich Hedge Fund Admits Embezzling $9 Million