GREENWICH, Conn. – Monday, May 26, is Memorial Day, and that means much of Greenwich will shut down to mark the holiday and the unofficial start of summer. Closings include:
■ All federal, state and town offices and buildings.
■ Metro-North Railroad will run a special weekend holiday schedule.
On Memorial Day, Metro-North will operate on a Sunday schedule with extra cars on inbound trains during late afternoon and evening.
In addition, one extra inbound train departing at 7:40 p.m. will operate between New Haven and New York, making select express stops.
One extra express train to New Haven will depart Grand Central Terminal at 11:13 p.m., making select express stops.
For specific train times, visit Metro-North’s schedules page.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 NBC To Donald Trump: 'You're Fired!'