GREENWICH, Conn. – Monday, May 26, is Memorial Day, and that means much of Greenwich will shut down to mark the holiday and the unofficial start of summer. Closings include:
■ All federal, state and town offices and buildings.
■ Metro-North Railroad will run a special weekend holiday schedule.
On Memorial Day, Metro-North will operate on a Sunday schedule with extra cars on inbound trains during late afternoon and evening.
In addition, one extra inbound train departing at 7:40 p.m. will operate between New Haven and New York, making select express stops.
One extra express train to New Haven will depart Grand Central Terminal at 11:13 p.m., making select express stops.
For specific train times, visit Metro-North’s schedules page.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Greenwich Cheese Shop Offers Taste Tests, Cut-To Order Selections
- 3 Former Greenwich Resident On New Bravo Docu-Series 'Friends To Lovers?'
- 4 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 5 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich