GREENWICH, Conn. – Monday, May 26, is Memorial Day, and that means much of Greenwich will shut down to mark the holiday and the unofficial start of summer. Closings include:
■ All federal, state and town offices and buildings.
■ Metro-North Railroad will run a special weekend holiday schedule.
On Memorial Day, Metro-North will operate on a Sunday schedule with extra cars on inbound trains during late afternoon and evening.
In addition, one extra inbound train departing at 7:40 p.m. will operate between New Haven and New York, making select express stops.
One extra express train to New Haven will depart Grand Central Terminal at 11:13 p.m., making select express stops.
For specific train times, visit Metro-North’s schedules page.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Greenwich's Convent Of The Sacred Heart Celebrates Construction Milestone
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Greenwich
- 5 Lynn Ann Bahnken, 59, Of Greenwich