GREENWICH, Conn. – Monday, May 26, is Memorial Day, and that means much of Greenwich will shut down to mark the holiday and the unofficial start of summer. Closings include:
■ All federal, state and town offices and buildings.
■ Metro-North Railroad will run a special weekend holiday schedule.
On Memorial Day, Metro-North will operate on a Sunday schedule with extra cars on inbound trains during late afternoon and evening.
In addition, one extra inbound train departing at 7:40 p.m. will operate between New Haven and New York, making select express stops.
One extra express train to New Haven will depart Grand Central Terminal at 11:13 p.m., making select express stops.
For specific train times, visit Metro-North’s schedules page.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 3 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 4 Obama's Fundraising Trip, Principal Mishap Top Week's News In Greenwich
- 5 Memorial Day Thunderstorm Chance, Enhanced Fire Risk In Fairfield