NEWTOWN, Conn. – A memorial Mass will be held in Newtown at 7 p.m. Friday to commemorate the loss of the 20 children and six adults killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
The Newtown School District's homepage redirects to a page announcing the service, which will be held at St. Rose of Lima Church, 46 Church Hill Road, Newtown.
"Due to an extremely high service demand as a result of the events that have occured (sic) today, this website is temporarily being redirected to this page rather than the school system's usual home page," the Newtown schools notice read.
St. Rose Church also announced the service on its website.
"Let us come together to pray for and support the families directly affected by today’s events, as well as the Newtown community at large."
- 1 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 2 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 5 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples