GREENWICH, Conn. -- With the temperature soaring into the 90s all week and the heat index hitting as high as 100, Greenwich residents have a number of cooling center options in town.
Local health officials urge residents to stay in air-conditioned environments whenever possible. Here are the Greenwich cooling center locations and their hours of operation:
- Greenwich Senior Center, 299 Greenwich Ave.: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Greenwich Main Library, 101 W. Putnam Ave.: : 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Thursday; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday: 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday.
- Cos Cob Library, 5 Sinawoy Road: Monday noon to 8 p.m.; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday to Saturday.
- Perrot Library, 90 Sound Beach Ave.: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday; 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
- Byram Shubert Library, 21 Mead Ave.: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday; noon to 8 p.m. Thursday.
- West Greenwich Civic Center, 449 Pemberwick Road, check in at front desk upon arrival: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Greenwich Police Department, Safety Complex Lobby, 11 Bruce Place: 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Greenwich Adult Day Care Center, 125 River Road Ext.: Call ahead 203-622-0079, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday; 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
The Greenwich Health Department also advised residents without air condition to visit friends or family members who have air conditioning, to visit shopping malls or to go to the movies in order to cool off.
For more information, contact the Greenwich Department of Health by calling 203-622-7836.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.