How To Apply For FEMA Assistance After Sandy In Greenwich

  • Comment
Fairfield County residents affected by Hurricane Sandy can apply directly to FEMA for assistance. Photo Credit: Flickr user GeorgieD

FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – If you were affected by Hurricane Sandy or the nor'easter, you can register for disaster assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency by December 29. 

Assistance for losses sustained due to the storm may include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses and other programs to help you recover. If you live in Fairfield County and have insurance, you may also be eligible for help from FEMA if your insurance policy does not cover your needs.

You need to register with FEMA either online at or by calling 800-621-FEMA (3362). Agents are available seven days a week, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. From your smartphone or tablet, use

When applying for aid, you will receive a nine-digit registration number that can be used for reference when corresponding with FEMA.

When applying for aid, have the following information available:

▪ Current telephone number and address;

▪ Address and ZIP code of damaged property;

▪ Social Security number;

▪ A general list of damages and losses;

▪ If insured, the name of insurance company, agent and policy number; and 

▪ Bank routing number, if you want your disaster assistance deposited directly into your account. 

  • Comment


In Other News


Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Allan Wade Houston


Greenwich Gets State Funds To Develop Affordable Housing For Homeless