GREENWICH, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich last week:
- Greenwich Police Patrol Officer James Bussell was Honored the Officer of the Month for November for solving two separate burglaries without having to turn the case over to the detective division.
- A woman was struck and killed by a Metro-North train in early morning of Monday, Nov. 17 near the South Norwalk train station, spokesman Marjorie Anders said.
- A 91-year-old Stratford woman, Stella Antanantis, who was mauled by her own dog died at Bridgeport Hospital .
- New York State Police said an unsafe lane change made by a civilian driver contributed to the accident that killed Bridgeport resident and National Guard member Ronald Patterson Jr. on I-95 in Rye in August.
- The Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich’s Theatre Program will hold auditions in December for its mainstage musical, "The Sound of Music”.
- Greenwich recently was named the ninth-safest community in Connecticut by Value Penguin, a personal finance research and analysis site.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.