GREENWICH, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich last week:
- After helping to save the life of a person in cardiac arrest , David Colbree has been named the Greenwich Police Department's Officer of the Month for August.
- According to The New York Times , with a population of 6,600, Old Greenwich contains pristine homes, caring neighbors and a business district with rows of shops where most businesses are independently owned.
- Greenwich resident Sara Abbasi was named to the dean's list at the University of Massachusetts, Lowell, for the Spring 2014 semester.
- Greenwich resident John Mikalopas was awarded a merit scholarship to attend Wofford College in Spartanburg, S.C., for the 2014-15 academic year.
- Greenwich First Selectman Peter Tesei will speak at a State of the Town luncheon sponsored by the Greenwich Chamber of Commerce on Thursday, Sept. 25, at Milbrook Club.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.