GREENWICH, Conn. -- News from Greenwich High -- a new ranking and a new commencement speaker -- were in the news this week. In case you weren't able to check in with The Greenwich Daily Voice every day, here are a few of the top stories from this week.
- U.S. News ranked Greenwich High School 21st in the state in education performance in its annual study.
- ESPN's Chris Berman was announced as the commencement speaker at the Greenwich High School Class of 2013 graduation.
- A proposed Cos Cob synagogue that has been met with controversy moved forward in its plans .
- Five Greenwich Public Schools teachers were named 2013 Distinguished Teacher Award recipients .
- Western Middle School launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund a school garden .
- A new grab-and-go vegan health food station opened at the Upper Crust Bagel Company in Old Greenwich called GrassRxOOTS .
- Public hearings began on the Connecticut medical marijuana debate .
- AAA predicted that gas prices would fall to an average of $3.40 per gallon in southern Connecticut this summer.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.