GREENWICH, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich last week:
- A Greenwich woman, Eliane Mullen, 39, was arrested and charged with hosting a party for teenagers, complete with alcohol and condoms in Easton.
- Stamford Taxi driver Mahomed Kamal, 47, was found stabbed to death on Doolittle Road in Stamford early Wednesday. After a police foot chase through downtown Stamford, another city man was arrested on murder charges in connection with Kamal's death.
- New York State Police conducted several DWI checkpoints throughout Westchester County that resulted in the arrest of five suspects, including Marcela A. Ramirez, 29, of Greenwich, and Anthony Frabizzio, 34, of Fairfield.
- Greenwich Public Schools will try to avoid scheduling district events on Sept. 11 after teachers, parents and town officials questioned a school event on the anniversary of the 2001 terrorist attacks.
- Students at Greenwich High School were excited and ready to face new challenges as the new school year opened .
- Greenwich police officers honored a comrade lost to ALS as they took the ice bucket challenge to an extreme.
- A number of Greenwich businesses were honored by Connecticut Magazine as best in the state: Delamar Spa was named the best spa, Consigned Designs was named the best consignment store and Lux Bond & Green was called the best spot for fine jewelry.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.