GREENWICH, Conn. -- Two Greenwich teens are safe after emergency crews pulled them from a pond on Willowmere Circle after they fell through thin ice at about 2 p.m. Thursday, according to authorities.
The teens were holding onto the ice shelf when emergency crews arrived, according to the Greenwich Professional Firefighters Facebook page.
The teens were transported to the Stamford Hospital emergency room, where they were treated and released to their parents, according to Greenwich police spokesman Lt. Kraig Gray.
"Thankfully, the two teens were not seriously injured," the Greenwich Police Department said via Twitter @GreenwichCTPD. "Two teens engaged in risky behavior walking out onto thin ice in Riverside. They fell through and had to be rescued."
Engines 5, 2, 1, Truck 1 and Car 3 from the Greenwich Fire Department responded to the scene.
The Daily Voice will have more information as it becomes available.
- 1 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 2 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Harrison Sisters During Calling Hours
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Greenwich