GREENWICH, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich last week:
- Eliana Betzios of Greenwich earned her Girl Scout Gold Award for her project to unify cheerleaders across the town and prepare middle school girls for high school.
- Crumbs Bake Shop , known for its giant cupcakes and unique flavors, closed down its shops nationwide, including a store in town at 48 W. Putnam Ave.
- Stores along Greenwich Avenue in Greenwich are looking to expand, but instead of building out, they are looking to build up to the second floor.
- Ridgefield police identified the 15-month-old child who died after being left in a hot car as Benjamin Seitz and also confirmed that they are investigating the death.
- The Greenwich Hospital Foundation announced that Linda McMahon has given a $1 million gift through the Vince and Linda McMahon Family Foundation to purchase 3-D mammography machines, the most advanced technology available for early breast cancer detection.
- The Patriot National Bank team from the Junior Babe Ruth Leagues secured its fourth consecutive league title with a 9-7 win over Fire House Deli .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.