GREENWICH, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich last week.
- Greenwich Selectman David Theis, 65, died unexpectedly Tuesday afternoon , according to a joint statement from his colleagues, First Selectman Peter Tesei and Selectman Drew Marzullo. Colleagues, friends and family remember the third-generation Greenwich resident as a true townie with an engaging sense of humor.
- Greenwich resident Jack Kriskey was presented with the Commanders Award during the Marine Toys for Tots charity toy drive held at the Cos Cob Firehouse in Greenwich.
- AAA Southern New England-CT recently honored the Greenwich Police Department with a Gold Award for the department’s outstanding traffic safety programs, including mature-driver training, a high-profile distracted-driving campaign and a middle-school physics and crash education class, among other initiatives.
- The Greenwich Association of Realtors reported 41 single-family residential closings in November in its most recent report.
- Norwalk's Rick and Joan Setti were declared the winners of "The Great Christmas Light Fight" on ABC-TV on Monday night.
- Branden Hahn of Kids in Crisis visited Santa at McArdle’s Florist and Garden Center to accept a donation of $2,465 from James McArdle of McArdle’s and Tammi Ketler of TMK Sports & Entertainment, producer of the 6th Annual Greenwich Reindeer Festival and Santa’s Workshop and the 6th Annual Greenwich Holiday Stroll.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.