GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich First Selectman Peter Tesei has shared a letter he sent to Newtown First Selectman Pat Llodra earlier today with The Greenwich Daily Voice.
"We are saddened to hear of this horrific tragedy at the Sandy Hook Elementary School," Tesei said in the letter. "Our prayers are with the Newtown community. We stand ready to help Newtown in way we can to support you and families affected by this incident."
Tesei said that Greenwich Police Chief James Heavey was in touch with Newtown Police. Tesei also personally offered the resources of Greenwich to Llodra and the people of Newtown.
"Today's tragic events at the Sandy Hook Elementary School are heart breaking and mind numbing," Tesei said to The Greenwich Daily Voice. "As a father of children ages 3 and 5, I am shaken by this horrific act of senseless violence. We must pray for victims and their families and hold them close in our hearts."
- 1 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Greenwich Businessmen Make Forbes Billionaire List
- 3 Separate I-95 Accidents Take Out Lanes Near Connecticut Border
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Greenwich
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48