GREENWICH, Conn. -- Thanks to funding from the state, Greenwich residents can purchase in-air radon test kits at a discounted rate through the end of March.
The in-air test kits will be offered for $25 through the end of the month. That compares with the regular fee of $60.
According to the Greenwich Department of Health Laboratory, radon is present at elevated levels in about one of every five Connecticut homes and is the second-leading cause of lung cancer behind smoking in the U.S.
To receive the reduced fee radon-in-air test, Greenwich residents can register by calling 622-7843.
All residents may pick up a radon testing kit from the Department’s Laboratory located on the ground floor of Town Hall during laboratory hours, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Once the test kit is received, testing should be begun the same day and the kit returned to the lab four days later. Results will be sent to residents via mail.
- 1 Greenwich Police Seek Help Finding Missing Teen Girl
- 2 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester
- 3 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 4 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview