GREENWICH, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich this week:
- Greenwich police are searching for a habitual runaway 15-year-old girl, Shyana Perez, who has been missing since Sunday, Dec. 22. Police believe she may be with her boyfriend in Westchester County, N.Y.
- The Greenwich Chamber of Commerce announced the winners of its annual Storefront Decorations Awards at its holiday party at the Bruce Museum.
- Endangered orangutans at the LEO Zoo got to open Christmas presents this year.
- Greenwich Hospital honored its employee Bal Lamichhane with its November Quality Award for his extraordinary service to patients.
- More than 300 swimmers from the town’s age group teams took to the water at Greenwich High School for the 13th Annual Greenwich Town Swimming Championships.
Luis Alomar, 37, a fugitive suspected in a string of bank robberies along the Eastern Seaboard, including possibly in Westchester and Fairfield counties, was arrested in Medford, Long Island, N.Y.