GREENWICH, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich last week:
- The Greenwich Police marine unit saved five people from a sinking 26-foot Bayliner boat in Long Island Sound just inside Greenwich waters.
- A Port Chester man, Johanny Chavez, was arrested in connection with the abduction and rape of a 19-year-old woman in Greenwich.
- Three teenagers, James Anthony Manganiello, 19, of Greenwich, Jack Conor Burke, 19, of Stamford and David Franklin Roberts, 19, of Greenwich are facing charges after they were accused of vandalizing sprinklers in the area of 100 Washington Blvd. in Stamford's South End.
- Three suspects Dilcia M. Discua, 37, from Stamford, Conn.; Donna I. Doria, 57, from Stormville, N.Y., and Gustavo Gregori, 29, of Greenwich were charged at a checkpoint in Port Chester with driving while intoxicated.
- Greenwich resident Claire Karaffa has been awarded a Dean's Scholarship to Keene State College in New Hampshire.
- 1 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino's Supermarket
- 2 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 4 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station