GREENWICH, Conn. — A 23-year-old Greenwich resident died in a car crash early Thursday on Interstate 95 south near Exit 3 when he lost control of his 2011 Nissan Infiniti and hit a construction cone on the roadway, according to state police.
Michael Defruscio, of Cobb Island Drive, was pronounced dead at Greenwich Hospital. The two passengers, both 2006 Greenwich High School graduates, in the car were taken to Stamford Hospital with minor injuries, police said.
Southbound traffic was backed up for more than four hours after the crash, which occurred at 3:45 a.m.
Anyone with information on Michael Defruscio or the other passengers should contact The Daily Greenwich by emailing email@example.com
- 1 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 2 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 3 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 4 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 5 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party