Contact Us
Greenwich Daily Voice serves Greenwich, CT
Return to your home site

Menu

Greenwich Daily Voice serves Greenwich, CT
news

Greenwich Firefighter Hurt at House Blaze

GREENWICH, Conn. -- A Greenwich firefighter injured his knee Wednesday helping to extinguish a house fire on Deep Gorge Road, according to The Greenwich Time .

The blaze broke out at 27 Deep Gorge Road, just off Weaver Street, at 1:30 p.m. Fire officials said a cat died in the fire from lack of oxygen.

Fire officials are continuing to investigate the fire, which may have been started by a cigarette.

If you hear about a fire or crime in Greenwich, let us know by emailing ahelhoski@thedailygreenwich.com .

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Greenwich Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.