GREENWICH, Conn. -- A Greenwich firefighter injured his knee Wednesday helping to extinguish a house fire on Deep Gorge Road, according to The Greenwich Time .
The blaze broke out at 27 Deep Gorge Road, just off Weaver Street, at 1:30 p.m. Fire officials said a cat died in the fire from lack of oxygen.
Fire officials are continuing to investigate the fire, which may have been started by a cigarette.
If you hear about a fire or crime in Greenwich, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.