GREENWICH, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich last week:
- Camille Monette of Greenwich, a cheerleader who competed for teams in Greenwich and Norwalk, was named a member of the National Society of High School Scholars.
- Thousands of dog lovers and their four-legged friends packed Roger Sherman Baldwin Park in Greenwich for the 27th annual Dog festival event , hosted by the Adopt-A-Dog animal rescue sanctuary and adoption center.
- Greenwich teenager Jack Jones has written a children's book called " Chizi's Tale ," the story of a 2-year-old rhino who was discovered abandoned in Zimbabwe by two park rangers.
- President Barack Obama is heading to Greenwich next month for a private fundraiser for Senate Democratic candidates.
- Greenwich First Selectman Peter Tesei delivered an upbeat state-of-the-town address but took some digs at his Democratic opponents.
- Jose Ramirez, 25, of Norwalk was arraigned in court on multiple felony charges in connection with a late-night car crash in Rye, N.Y., that killed one person and injured two others.
- David G. Liebenguth, 55, of Greenwich turned himself in to New Canaan police after he was accused of using the N-word while disputing a parking ticket in August.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.