GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich has reached across the state line to hire its new parking manager.
The Board of Selectmen voted Thursday to appoint Rita Azrelyant to the position, which pays $105,000 per year. She will take up the position July 14.
Azrelyant currently is the assistant to the village manager for Scarsdale, N.Y. She manages parking administration for the village in addition to her duties in assisting the village manager in overseeing and managing the village's daily business.
She holds a bachelor’s degree from SUNY Albany in English and political science and a master’s of public administration degree from the Nelson A. Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy. She is also a member of the International Parking Institute.
“The interviewing panel found her experience in the field of parking services administration and municipal government would best meet the needs and responsibilities required for the Director of Parking Services in Greenwich," First Selectman Peter Tesei said in a press release announcing her appointment.
She replaces former parking director Allen Corry, who moved to take over a position as assistant vice president for the parking business at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport. He had been in Greenwich for eight years and left in early January to move to Texas.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 3 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 4 Obama's Fundraising Trip, Principal Mishap Top Week's News In Greenwich
- 5 Memorial Day Thunderstorm Chance, Enhanced Fire Risk In Fairfield