GREENWICH, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich last week:
- The Friends of Nathaniel Witherell Inc. helped to raise $9.8 million for Project Renew, the capital campaign to modernize and refurbish the Nathaniel Witherell Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in Greenwich.
- A 22-year-old man, Marquis Wills, was arrested on charges of wildly shooting into a crowd and hitting five people in downtown Stamford. He remains in custody on $1 million bail after his arraignment.
- A recently released White House report says Connecticut has the worst roads and bridges in the country.
- Julianna Yee, 16, and her father Bill, of Wilton, have created a new social networking site called ThePortalz.com .
- Greenwich students have been named to the Dean's List for academic achievement during the spring semester at St. Lawrence University in Canton, N.Y.
- A Greenwich resident auctioned off a Lou Gehrig-autographed baseball mitt for $287,500 during Major League Baseball's All-Star Game festivities in Minnesota.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.