FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — The icy weather will reach lows below zero thanks to the wind chill.
Temperatures Tuesday night will hit a low of about -1 along the coast and -7 farther inland with wind chill, the National Weather Service says.
Wednesday and Thursday are forecast to be the coldest days of the week with lows during the day of -1 with wind chill and high temperatures near 20. Scattered flurries are forecast to start after 2 p.m. Wednesday.
Winds will be strong most of the week, averaging 10 mph. On Thursday, gusts are expected to be as high as 28 mph.
This cold trend with the wind chill will continue through Friday, when there is a 60 percent chance of snow.
- 1 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 2 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care