FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — A freezing rain advisory was issued for Fairfield County starting at 3 a.m. Monday.
The advisory, issued by the National Weather Service, lasts through 9 a.m. Monday. The freezing rain could be mixed with snow and sleet as well as traces of ice accumulation.
With the rain will be winds of 5 to 10 mph with temperatures in the upper 20s to low 30s.
Travel though Monday morning could be dangerous given the freezing rain and any still unplowed roads.
Drivers should be careful on the roads as black ice and slippery roads may be an issue.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Rain, Snow Threaten Greenwich On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Tens Of Thousands Turn Out To Enjoy UBS Parade In Downtown Stamford
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Greenwich