FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — A freezing rain advisory was issued for Fairfield County starting at 3 a.m. Monday.
The advisory, issued by the National Weather Service, lasts through 9 a.m. Monday. The freezing rain could be mixed with snow and sleet as well as traces of ice accumulation.
With the rain will be winds of 5 to 10 mph with temperatures in the upper 20s to low 30s.
Travel though Monday morning could be dangerous given the freezing rain and any still unplowed roads.
Drivers should be careful on the roads as black ice and slippery roads may be an issue.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 3 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 4 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods