FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Freezing rain and snow may hit Fairfield County Saturday night and Sunday morning. The National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather alert for the northern part of the county from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Chance of precipitation is 90 percent. Snow accumulation could be up to an inch of snow, with less than one-tenth of an inch of ice. Temperatures will be around 30 degrees.
Sunday morning could see some snow and freezing rain before 6 a.m., with a chance of rain after that. There is a slight chance of snow Sunday evening.
“The combination of the snow and glaze of ice will make travel difficult tonight,” the weather service said in its advisory. Travelers should use caution while driving and be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibility.
- 1 Police: Armed Robber Strikes Greenwich Gas Station On Route 1
- 2 Box Truck Fire Closes East Putnam Avenue In Greenwich
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Snow Could Return To Greenwich For Monday Morning Commute