GREENWICH, Conn. – Big votes in the statehouse were among the top stories in Greenwich news this week.
- At the state level, the Connecticut General Assembly approved many reforms this past week, including an i ncrease in the minimum wage , a bill that allows undocumented immigrants to apply for drivers licenses and a “blue alert” system to notify the public of at-large suspects of violence against police officers.
- The U.S. Census reported that Greenwich's population continues to grow .
- Mary Sinclair Fawcett-Arguimbau, owner of the Red Barn Studio, died at age 54 .
- State environmental protection officials warned the public about air quality this summer .
- Connecticut state police arrested 57 people over the holiday weekend on drunken driving charges.
- The Daily Voice was at Memorial Day parades in Ridgefield and in Westport and got some great holiday pictures.
- More details were released about police shooting a Ridgefield man .
- The military released a report that the death of a Westport marine was caused by "human error."
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.