GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich Town Hall had to be evacuated on Thursday, Jan. 9 when smoke from a malfunctioning wall heater triggered the building's smoke alarms, according to Patch.com.
An executive meeting of the Board of Selectmen was interrupted by the alarm, but Greenwich police had scene under control in approximately 20 minutes, Patch.com reported.
- 1 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 2 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples
- 5 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford