GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich Town Hall had to be evacuated on Thursday, Jan. 9 when smoke from a malfunctioning wall heater triggered the building's smoke alarms, according to Patch.com.
An executive meeting of the Board of Selectmen was interrupted by the alarm, but Greenwich police had scene under control in approximately 20 minutes, Patch.com reported.
- 1 Police: Armed Robber Strikes Greenwich Gas Station On Route 1
- 2 Box Truck Fire Closes East Putnam Avenue In Greenwich
- 3 Greenwich Police: Two Men Assaulted, Robbed In 'Ferocious' Street Attack
- 4 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station