PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Northbound Interstate 95 near the New York-Connecticut border was closed for nearly six hours early Friday morning as state police investigated a fatal accident.
The accident, which occurred around 2:45 a.m., was between a small passenger car and a Department of Transportation pickup truck, according to multiple reports. A car flipped over after it rear-ended the truck, according to News 12, which said the car involved in the accident was a Honda Accord.
The accident caused delays for commuters early Friday morning heading into Cnnecticut from New York. Northbound Interstate 95 was closed, and there were also delays on Interstate 287. The road was cleared around 8:30 a.m.
- 1 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 2 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care