FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Fairfield County residents: Daylight-saving time started at 2 a.m. Sunday, March 9, while you were probably sleeping. Remember to move your clocks ahead one hour this morning.
Daylight-saving time runs from the second Sunday in March through the first Sunday in November.
Many fire departments also remind residents to replace the batteries in their smoke detectors when they move their clocks forward.
Daylight-saving time was first suggested by Benjamin Franklin in in 1784, but never implemented until the energy crisis in the 1970s, according to timeanddate.com.
To learn more about daylight-saving time visit the timeanddate.com website.
- 1 Greenwich Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Greenwich
- 3 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 4 Snow Slows Traffic On Every Major Roadway Across Fairfield County
- 5 Expect More Snow: Winter Weather Advisory Remains In Effect In Greenwich