FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Fairfield County residents: Daylight-saving time started at 2 a.m. Sunday, March 9, while you were probably sleeping. Remember to move your clocks ahead one hour this morning.
Daylight-saving time runs from the second Sunday in March through the first Sunday in November.
Many fire departments also remind residents to replace the batteries in their smoke detectors when they move their clocks forward.
Daylight-saving time was first suggested by Benjamin Franklin in in 1784, but never implemented until the energy crisis in the 1970s, according to timeanddate.com.
To learn more about daylight-saving time visit the timeanddate.com website.
- 1 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Two Elderly Greenwich Women Robbed In Fake Worker Scams
- 4 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 5 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies