FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – The Bridgeport - Fairfield metro region has been named the richest metropolitan area in the country, The Atlantic reported.
The average income in Fairfield County is just under $80,000 - almost $15,000 higher than Midland, Texas, the second-wealthiest area, The Atlantic reported.
Also in the top ten of richest metro areas, in descending order, are San Francisco; San Jose, Calif.; the District of Columbia; Naples, Fla.; Boston; New York City; Barnstable Town, Mass.; and Trenton, N.J.
Hartford and New Haven counties also made the list, at 12th and 19th respectively.
The article quoted Business Insider as saying that the Bridgeport metro area was the most unequal, income-wise, in the country, containing both hedge-fund billionaires in Greenwich and the “struggling industrial city” of Bridgeport.
According to The Atlantic, the Bureau of Economic Analysis released its 2011 personal income report, determining the richest metropolitan areas in the United States by personal income per capita.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 Greenwich's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton