FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – The Bridgeport - Fairfield metro region has been named the richest metropolitan area in the country, The Atlantic reported.
The average income in Fairfield County is just under $80,000 - almost $15,000 higher than Midland, Texas, the second-wealthiest area, The Atlantic reported.
Also in the top ten of richest metro areas, in descending order, are San Francisco; San Jose, Calif.; the District of Columbia; Naples, Fla.; Boston; New York City; Barnstable Town, Mass.; and Trenton, N.J.
Hartford and New Haven counties also made the list, at 12th and 19th respectively.
The article quoted Business Insider as saying that the Bridgeport metro area was the most unequal, income-wise, in the country, containing both hedge-fund billionaires in Greenwich and the “struggling industrial city” of Bridgeport.
According to The Atlantic, the Bureau of Economic Analysis released its 2011 personal income report, determining the richest metropolitan areas in the United States by personal income per capita.
- 1 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Greenwich
- 4 Separate I-95 Accidents Take Out Lanes Near Connecticut Border
- 5 Greenwich Businessmen Make Forbes Billionaire List