FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Flags across Fairfield County, the state and country will be flown at half-staff in remembrance for those who died in the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday.
President Barack Obama said Friday that as a country, "We have been through this too many times," and that the flags across the country will be flown at half-staff through Tuesday, Dec. 18.
In Connecticut, however, Gov. Dannel Malloy issued an order that all flags across the state remain at half-staff until the final burial service has been held.
- 1 Time Warner CEO Buys Waterfront Home In Greenwich For $19 Million
- 2 3 Greenwich High Football Assistants Quit After Head Coach Exits
- 3 Fire Engulfs Greenwich Home Friday Morning
- 4 Greenwich Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Greenwich With Snow, Ice In Forecast