FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Flags across Fairfield County, the state and country will be flown at half-staff in remembrance for those who died in the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday.
President Barack Obama said Friday that as a country, "We have been through this too many times," and that the flags across the country will be flown at half-staff through Tuesday, Dec. 18.
In Connecticut, however, Gov. Dannel Malloy issued an order that all flags across the state remain at half-staff until the final burial service has been held.
- 1 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 2 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Greenwich
- 5 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose