FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Starting at 4 p.m., CT Transit buses will begin shutting down service, Gov. Dannel Malloy announced Friday afternoon. By 6 p.m., all buses will be off the roads, he added.
This shutdown will be in effect for the entire state until further notice, Malloy said.
CT Transit is urging riders who need to make outbound trips to complete their travel by 4 p.m. and to be mindful of delays.
"Customers should expect that operations will be suspended on Saturday, Feb. 9, for at least the morning hours (before 10 a.m.), and potentially all day," a message on the CT Transit website said.
Greater Bridgeport Transit bus service will be suspended as of 3:50 p.m. and will not resume until at least noon Saturday, a message on the Greater Bridgeport Transit website said.
The Norwalk Transit District will suspend service at 5 p.m. The schedule is as follows:
▪ WHEELS Routes 1, 2, 4, 8, and 11 will end with the 4:20 p.m. pulse
▪ WHEELS Routes 5/6 and 12 will end with the 3:40 p.m. pulse
▪ WHEELS Routes 3, 7, 9, 10 and 13 will end with the 4:40 p.m. pulse
▪ There will be no evening shuttle services
▪ The last Norwalk Commuter Shuttle will meet the 3 and 4 p.m. trains departing Norwalk. Shuttles will start their runs from their first stop one hour prior to the train time.
▪ Westport Commuter Shuttle services will meet the 3 and 4 p.m. trains arriving in Westport.
▪ The 7 Link left Norwalk at 3 p.m.
▪ Coastal Link services will end at 4 p.m. with the last bus leaving Norwalk at 2:50 pm.
▪ All ADA services will end by 4 pm.
"Our hope is to resume WHEELS service by noon on Saturday," a message said on the Norwalk Transit District website. "No ADA service will be provided on Saturday."
- 1 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 2 Chipotle's Mexican Grill Expands With Second Location In Greenwich
- 3 Former Controller Of Greenwich Hedge Fund Admits Embezzling $9 Million
- 4 Greenwich Boasts Several Elementary Schools Among Connecticut's Best
- 5 Greenwich Ranks As 7th Most Expensive Housing Market In U.S.