FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – More than $28 million in federal assistance has been approved to date for Connecticut residents with disaster-related expenses from Hurricane Sandy , Gov. Dannel Malloy announced Monday afternoon.
“With $28 million in aid approved so far, it’s clear that our state continues to feel a profound impact from the damage inflicted by Storm Sandy,” Malloy said in a statement.
So far, more than 11,700 residents in Fairfield, Middlesex, New Haven and New London counties as well as the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation and the Mohegan Tribal Nation have registered for federal disaster assistance, Malloy said.
Residents who suffered damage from the storm but have not yet applied for assistance have until Jan. 28 to register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Registration can be completed by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov . Residents with speech or hearing disabilities can call 1-800-462-7585.
For more information about receiving aid, a downloaded fact sheet is available at www.ct.gov/sandy.