WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Con Edison crews were responding to reports of a gas odor prior to the explosion that collapsed a building in Harlem Wednesday morning.
Con Ed Tweeted that it received a report of a gas odor at 1652 Park Avenue from a resident at 9:13 a.m. Two crews were dispatched at 9:15 a.m. and arrived on the scene shortly before the explosion reported around 9:40 a.m.
Crews are currently working closely with the New York City Fire Department, checking lines and making sure the area is safe.
Two people died in the explosion and 16 were reported injured, according to news reports.
Stay tuned to Daily Voice for more information as it becomes available.
- 1 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 2 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Greenwich Comes Out To Party With Doobie Brothers, Earth Wind & Fire