FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Small power outages were reported across Fairfield County on Monday evening after a fast-moving thunderstorm moved through the area.
Connecticut Light & Power and United Illuminating reported the following outages as of 9 p.m. Monday:
- Danbury: 1 customer without power
- Fairfield: 80 customers without power
- Stamford: 11 customers without power
- Westport: 8 customers without power
Power outages reported in Darien and Greenwich have been repaired.
An earlier Severe Thunderstorm Warning across northern Fairfield County was in effect until 8:45 p.m. Scattered showers and thunderstorms remain in the forecast until about 11 p.m.
Storms could be severe, with damaging winds and hail. Temperatures will drop to the mid-60s overnight.
- 1 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Greenwich
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Greenwich