GREENWICH, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich last week:
- Greenwich Parks and Recreation Department employee Basil C. Passerelli, 70, of Greenwich was arrested after he allegedly brandished a machete at a younger co-worker, put his hands on the man’s throat and pushed him in the chest during a dispute at a town-owned maintenance shed.
- According to the quarterly report from Houlihan Lawrence, activity dipped but prices rose as the Greenwich real estate market sent mixed messages during the second quarter of the year.
- Penny Anna Andriani of Old Greenwich died at the age of 59. She was a volunteer at Old Greenwich Elementary School, Eastern Middle School and Greenwich High School.
- Elizabeth Budinoff of Greenwich earned her Girl Scout Gold Award for her project to bridge the technology gap between generations.
- Greenwich students Sophia V. Allocco, Isabelle C. Mackell and Nicole D. Matos were named to the Dean's List for academic achievement during the spring semester at St. Lawrence University in Canton, N.Y.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was met by gun control activists during his visit to Greenwich to attend a Republican Party fundraiser and promote Tom Foley’s candidacy for governor.
- 1 Cos Cob Woman Charged With Drug Possession In New York
- 2 Tens Of Thousands Turn Out To Enjoy UBS Parade In Downtown Stamford
- 3 Suspect In Theft Of $50K In Fur Coats At Greenwich Sak's Is Nabbed
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten Greenwich On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm